Back to Projects
Jaffe Secondary School
Jaffe School was a bespoke secondary school adhering to the NI Department of Education guidelines and provided teaching and physical education spaces for children aged between 11 and 16 years. The pupils were from disadvantaged backgrounds and had mostly been excluded from other secondary schools, so attendance at Jaffe was the last opportunity for a structure education.
Unfortunately the school has since changed to the Loughshore Education Resource Centre, losing its original name of Jaffe, which was from the early 20th Century philanthropist and twice Lord Mayor of Belfast - Sir Otto Moses Jaffe – who, with his wife set up the first Jaffe Elementary School on the Clifton Road, Belfast in 1907.
Bob led the detailed planning application as project architect and lead designer under the HBD Director in charge Mervyn Black.